Starting Over

Starting Over
The Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Pile Committee  Gif - The Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Pile Committee
see more Gifs

About Me

My photo
East Sussex, United Kingdom
I'm a 62yr old AOL refugee, living on the south coast of England. I love travelling and sharing my photos. I live with Nina and Katinka, my two Maine Coon cats.
The WeatherPixie

Monday, 23 March 2009

Off to paradise next week!


Hi everybody. I've not been around much here for quite a while. I thought I'd do an entry before I go away next week, yes, that trip to the Caribbean is almost here! I went to work today but came home after a couple of hours. I've had a bad cold and felt really sick, it's something that's been going around at work lately. I thought I had missed it but it finally got me! Having a few hours spare means I can do an entry here. I've been trying to catch up with everybody just lately. It seems like most of us aren't doing so many entries since moving to Blogger, it just doesn't feel the same does it? Well, spring finally sprung last week then disappeared today. We, like most of the country, have had wind and rain all day. It seems much worse after a few warm days.
I mustn't complain, I shall be in the Caribbean next week! Heat, sunshine, white sandy beaches...... ! I didn't see Andy at the weekend, I didn't want to give him my cold, I don't want to have to cancel this holiday! I spent the weekend washing and ironing my sun tops, sorting out the rest of my clothes ready to pack. Now all that's left is to clean my flat up.
Tien who looks after my cats is away in Germany so I had to look around for somebody else. It's really hard to find somebody I can trust but I found the ideal person at work. Guido, a young Brazilian man, came up two weeks ago and Nina and Katinka loved him so he's the chosen one! Nina loves men and flaunts herself when she meets one! I knew they'd like Guido, he's very softly spoken; they don't like loud people! He's also a very meticulous cleaner so I'm having to try and get my place spotless before he comes up ~ I don't do spotless but I'm trying!
Here's a few photos of Nina and Katinka with their new play centre, the last one they destroyed in less than six weeks! Nina has taken a liking to the 'nest', she spends all her sleeping hours scrunched up in it!

































So what's been happening here? Remember Jane, my old boss? She got fired from work. I can't say I'm sorry to see her go after the way she treated me and others who worked for her. They say God pays his debts without money!Some of you know I'm on Facebook now. I opened it up as all my friends at work are on it, that's why most of my friends on my list are Brazilian! We've only got five English staff in the hospital!
I've been walking to work and home again every day, doing about twenty five miles a week, including walking to Andy's at the weekend. I feel much better for it and don't get the leg pains I was getting when I sit at the computer. I've lost over a stone in weight and a lot of my clothes fit me that didn't fit before! I bought a pair of Foster Grants' computer glasses last week. They have tinted lenses to cut out the harsh blue light from the computer screen. My eyes got so tired and sore on here, I've got macular degeneration which doesn't help. I need to get off here now, I probably won't come back till mid April when I get home from my cruise. It's going to be a new experience, I've never done a cruise before, I've never actually wanted to do one, it's never appealed to me but I've always wanted to see the Caribbean. If I like it I'd like to do a cruise up the Norwegian coast next year. It looks rather unusual, it's on a mail ship which delivers mail to coastal towns in Norway so you get to see places that tourists don't usually see. There are some beautiful little towns and wonderful fjord scenery. I don't know if Andy would want to go as it's not in a hot place but I'll ask him anyway. I never mind travelling alone, I just don't like paying the single room supplement although I'd rather do that than share a room with a stranger! Too many times I've met people on tour who share with somebody they don't get on with. Funniest one was in America. They'd put a 70yr old lady in a room with a 21yr old girl. The old lady wanted to go out partying half the night while the young girl insisted that the lights were out by 10pm and she wasn't' to be disturbed! These youngsters just haven't got our stamina have they?! Lol!
So, next week we fly to Miami then board our cruise ship. We visit The Dominican Republic, Tortola in the Virgin Islands, Antigua, St Lucia and Barbados before sailing back to Miami. I just know it's going to be so interesting and I'll take lots of photos. Andy bought me a polarising filter for my camera at Christmas, I can't wait to try it out! The header photo of this entry is Antigua Bay where I shall be the week after next.
I shall bid you a fond farewell and see you in a few weeks when I get home. Hopefully spring will be in full swing by then!

12 comments:

  1. Wish I could take care of your angels. Actually I had to chuckle when I saw the first picture of Nina. She looks like a true mischief maker! I know they will miss you. I think you'll love cruising. At least I do. A whole week of being pampered. What a way to go. Have a safe flight and smooth sailing. I'll miss you. Linda in WA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures of the kitties. I hope your cold is all gone so you can rest some before your trip. Sounds like an interesting one. That was funny about the older lady and the younger one. You would think the rolls would have be reversed on that one LOL. Have a safe trip and a nice one. Have fun for us all. Hugs, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! dear Jeannette
    This I think is my first ever comment on your new Blog....usually get thrown off when reading (my old PC) sometimes think because it is graphic intense?
    I know how much you are looking forward to this holiday. I've often fancied a Cruise, but Allan is not so minded. My health prevents me from travelling out of the UK anyhow.
    I have been so unwell for the last 4 months, so nothing booked yet.
    Aileen....X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jeannette once again your holiday date approaches and ,how I envy you !but know you will share every detail with pictures ,I hope your cold has gone by then ,those two are the most beautiful cats ever ,but you know that dont you ?lol.. love as always Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my journal :) I love the pictures of your cats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pleased you're going on holiday, Jeannette, enjoy! Thanks for showing more pics of your cats, Nina and Katinka still up to their tricks lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Katinka and Nina!! It's so nice to see you... :) Nina you are such a sight in that first picture, lol... Be good while mummy is gone!...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow !!! what a holiday it sounds Jeannette.I hope you have the most fantastic time you deserve it working so hard and such long hours.Lovely pics of the cats.Safe journeys there and back ENJOY!!.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are the most photogentic cats!!!
    Have a safe and wonderful trip...lucky gal.can't wait to see pics.
    Hugs
    ~c~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jeannette hope you are having a really great holiday ,thinking of you and wishing you well.love and hugs ..Jeanxx..looking forward to seeing your photos..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to your travel blog but was unable to sign on....am so excited to hear how the cruise has gone.
    We are on our way home from Arizona...loved the sun and I got a tan...
    Right now we are stuck in a little town called ELY Nevada and there was snow on the ground last night.

    Love and hugs,

    ALBERTA Lori

    ABIceQueen@gmail.com
    www.lorisletterbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. great shots of the kitties...i really like that top one of nina in the nest...made me laugh. :) how do i find you on facebook? i joined in january and would love to add you to my friends list. i guess your caribbean vacation has come and gone...i am so behind! hope you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete


Katinka

Katinka

Nina

Nina

Katinka

Katinka

Nina

Nina

Katinka

Katinka

Nina

Nina

Followers