Starting Over

Starting Over
The Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Pile Committee  Gif - The Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Pile Committee
see more Gifs

About Me

My photo
East Sussex, United Kingdom
I'm a 62yr old AOL refugee, living on the south coast of England. I love travelling and sharing my photos. I live with Nina and Katinka, my two Maine Coon cats.
The WeatherPixie

Friday, 26 June 2009

Another catch up!











Hi everybody. I thought it was time I did another update here while I'm off work.
Today was a very sad day in the wake of the deaths of Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett. I'd seen Michaels' death coming over the internet just before I switched off last night so I stayed up to see what was going on as at first nobody would confirm he was dead. It made sense, his family would have to be told first. It just seems so unbelievable to me that he was gone, it didn't really hit home till I saw it on the newspaper headlines when I was out today. He was such a talented performer. I hated the way the press had built him up and put him on a pedestal only to tear him down again. Let's remember that he was cleared of all charges in the court case against him. I always felt sorry for him as a kid, he'd performed since he was five years old so lost his entire childhood. He had never known what it was like to play out in the streets with friends, go to the park or do the million other things kids do. I imagine that being followed around by cameramen all your life and having everything you do reported in the papers would turn anybody slightly loopy, it would me! When he was older he had Neverland built, perhaps as a way to catch up on his lost childhood.
I hope now that he's dead the press will treat him better than they did in his short life. Rest in peace Michael and Farrah.
So what am I up to? Well, I went back to the doctors today. I've been off work for a week with plantar fasciitis and it's gradually getting worse. The doctor said he'd sign me off for another two weeks and if there's no improvement I can either have an injection or physiotherapy. He said the injections are very painful and don't always work, I've spoken to a couple of people at work who said it was excruciatingly painful and didn't reccommend it, so I shall probably have the physio if things don't improve. Call me a coward, I don't care, I've already got enough pain without adding to it! He also gave me Zapain to control the pain and ibuprofen for the inflammation in the ligament. My boss at work was very nice about it saying my ailment sounded like some kind of plant from the Chelsea Flower Show! Lol! Working in a hospital you never get much sympathy!
The weather has turned beautiful, very hot and just right for walking in. I'm not happy that I can't get out and walk yet, maybe in a week or so before I go back to work I'll get a chance to wander over the South Downs again!
Remember the seagull trapped on the roof and I got the fire brigade out to rescue him? A few days later I saw another one trapped by one leg in the netting, I had the RSPCA and fire brigade out to him too! Last week I got a text from Andy asking me to call him urgently. I was worried that it was his sickle cell again.... no it wasn't! It was a tiny fluffy seagull chick who'd fallen out of the nest and was in his garden at risk of being eaten by next doors cat. I gave him the number of the RSPCA and they came out and rescued him but not before the cat from next door had tried to catch it and was attacked by the chicks very angry mother!! She almost pecked the cats eyes out, the poor cat slunk back indoors and was too frightened to go outside for three days! Lol! Served him right!
A few days ago I was looking out of my window and saw a seagull nest opposite my block of flats. I looked through my binoculars and saw the prettiest chicks I've ever seen. I took some photos with my zoom lens but it's quite a way away and they aren't too clear. I've watched them for a few days and find it amazing that the parents look after them so well. There's always one parent with them all the time. When one comes back the other takes off to find food. Whn dusk comes they're both there with them all night. It's so nice to see. When I think of the young children who have been in the news recently who have been beaten, neglected and starved to death it makes me think that maybe the parents should be made to watch animals tending their young to see how it should be done. They put us to shame.
The first photo is Nina, very upset that seagull chicks weren't on the menu for dinner that night!

I love the little one here testing his rather stumpy little wings out!



So cute, they've certainly got the 'aahh' factor!

This is the poor soul who was trapped in the net, they did managed to get him out and set him free. You can see he left his calling card on the roof! I just wish they'd take the net down, it's barbaric, I can't bear to see animals trapped. I don't care if my friends call me The Crazy Seagull Lady, I shall carry on helping them! I've even got Andy doing it now! Lol!


I've bought some wallpaper and paint for my front room. I saw an article in a magazine and loved the way they'd done a room in it. The wallpaper was black with shimmering leaves on it when it caught the light, the rest of the walls were done in sage green and graphite. I bought a similar wallpaper and sage green paint but instead of the graphite paint which looks too dark and heavy for my flat I'll use one I already have, it's a chalky white colour. So, once my foot starts healing I can get on with it.
I sat all week doing hardly anything. Yesterday I sorted out all my paper work and shredded a bin liner full. Where does all this paper come from?! It seems to appear in my cupboards and drawers. I'm trying to get rid of as much as I can to make space in cupboards.... for what I don't know ~ more paper probably!! It creeps in there on it's own when I'm not looking!
I threw out lots of holiday brochures. I don't need them this year as we're already booked to go to Australia. Next year I want to go on a Panama Canal cruise for my sixtieth birthday which will be in December next year. I can't believe I'm almost sixty, admittedly I feel it right now as I hobble around with this painful foot, but it doesn't seem that long ago that I was a teenager and planning my life.
I suppose I'd better finish off here and feed Katink and Nina, they've been loving sitting on the balcony in the sun this week.
Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the sun!



6 comments:

  1. Nice catch up Jeannette you are so right about the way the press treat Micheal. Hope the foot clears up soon. Love Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cats, and I know I have said this before but... They are beautiful. I have had shots in my wrist and hand before, terrible. Don't do it if you can help it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... look at the baby seagulls... and I love that you are the crazy seagull lady... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Jeannette,
    Well love we are hoping to head to the Caribbean maybe in January as the Panama Canal trip is not on a board I prefer.
    I am sorry about your computer problems..I got mine fixed and now I can not open up any pictures aaaaaaaaaaaaagh.
    You are a kind soul to rescue those birds...
    I think I will buy a camera so I can start taking pictures of our travels.
    Thinking of you with much love and asking the Lord to bless you and Andy

    ALBERTA Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo of Nina is priceless.
    Sure hope your foot is doing better.We need a new update to know if you're better.
    I've had cortisone shots in my back and they are horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wondering how you are doing at this time. A lot better I hope.
    Hugs, Helen

    ReplyDelete


Katinka

Katinka

Nina

Nina

Katinka

Katinka

Nina

Nina

Katinka

Katinka

Nina

Nina

Followers