
Just a quick post to show a few photos I took when I got home from Australia.
Does Nina look as if she's happy that I'm back?! Fernando, who did a brilliant job of looking after them said that each time he came in Nina would look at him very accusingly as if to say 'What have you done with my mummy!' She seems content enough now! Katinka looks happy that we're back together too!



It's been freezing here ever since we came home, I'm dreading going back to work tomorrow ~it means I have to go out in the cold every day. I would have loved to have stayed in Australia, it was so hot and sunny there, the air was clear and the people seemed so happy and friendly. It was nice to go to a country where they spoke the same language too, language barriers can be a problem at times.
While I was over there I bought a new digital camera, just a small compact one, sometimes I like to take a camera out with me but it wasn't possible with my SLR camera as it meant taking the camera bag and all the accessories. I got a small Samsung ES17, it's 12.2 mega pixels and is easy to use. Best part was that it was only $100 (£58) at Perth airport in the duty free. My friends son has just bought the same one here in the UK and it cost twice that amount!
It was my birthday on Wednesday, the day we came home, Andy bought me a beautiful telescope. I'm just waiting for some warmer weather before I use it. He also got me an amethyst ring and a garnet ring. It took me two hours yesterday to set the telescope up, I had one ages ago and they're really complex to put together! Here's a couple of photos of it, it's so big I'll have a hard job trying to find somewhere to keep it!


I hope that I'll get a little more time now to update, I think I need a new computer. This one is nearly five years old now and is so sluggish and keeps kicking me offline. I'd better get off before it does it again so I won't add a signature tag. I'll just say, bye for now and keep warm in this freezing weather!
Jeannette xx


Those were great pictures of Nina and Katinka. Nice little camera for that price. Those were great gifts from Andy for your Birthday. Sounds like you had a good one. Huge telescope. Now you can see the moon in all it's glory. Hugs, Helen
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're back safe & sound. That Nina~she's quite a character. Good deal on the camera. Duty free is good! Linda in WA 35* and trying to snow here at 3:15 Sunday afternoon.
ReplyDeleteHi! Jeannette
ReplyDeleteDidn't know you had gone to Australia, I must have been amongst the missing :>)
Thanks for Christmas Card, hope mine has reached you!
Love the pics of Katinka and Nina
Aileen...X
Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteThose cats crack me up.I have never seen such expressive cats as yours.
ReplyDeleteA telescope,OMG you lucky gal.I have wanted one for ages.Hope Nina and Katinka don't usse it to perch on when mummy is away!!
Thank you for the commentyou left.I don't know what's been wrong with the comment thingy but I think I will begin to post everything on Connies Place,maybe,LOL.I have been getting spam comments about some weird stuff.So may turn on the verification widget. Take Care
Oh Nina! you can not fit in that hammock anymore, lol..... I know Katinka, Nina is so funny....
ReplyDeletelove the new telescope, I'll wave and let me know if you can see me.... :)