Starting Over

Starting Over
The Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Pile Committee  Gif - The Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Pile Committee
see more Gifs

About Me

My photo
East Sussex, United Kingdom
I'm a 62yr old AOL refugee, living on the south coast of England. I love travelling and sharing my photos. I live with Nina and Katinka, my two Maine Coon cats.
The WeatherPixie

Tuesday, 5 January 2010

More snow!



Hi everybody, welcome to another freezing day in Brighton! We have snow forecast for the next week, ugh! I saw enough snow before Christmas to last me a lifetime! Us southern softies aren't used to it! If it snows hard and the buses stop I'm not going to try to walk in it like I did a couple of weeks back, I fell twice and it's just not worth the risk. I'd rather stay home even though I won't get paid.

So what's new here? Well, I finally told my boss that I wasn't going to do any more night shifts. Although the extra money's good it's affecting my health, my BP was up to 200/120, so I told her I'd do last weekend but as from tomorrow I'll go back to my normal shift of Monday to Friday. That means they'll have to find somebody else to do it which will be hard as they pay the same rate for night shift as they do for day shift at the weekend so I don't see that hoards will be clamouring for it! It'll just be good not to have to change my sleep patterns every few days. Since my holiday I've done Wednesday to Friday on days, nights at the weekend and had Monday and Tuesday off. I was still expected to do five days of audits and paperwork even though I was only on my own shift for three days. I was supposed to work today but I said no, I'll have my two days off and start back tomorrow~ that's when the heavy snow's forecast for so whether I'll be going in depends on the weather!

I needed today off as Kayleigh, my grand daughter was coming up to dinner with her dad. I don't see her often enough so didn't want to cancel our get together. We had a lovely afternoon but they had to leave early as they have to get a train back to Worthing and we didn't know if the snow forecast for this evening would arrive.
Katinka made friends with Kayleigh and sat on her lap, she was OK while I was there but directly I moved so did Katinka! She's a real mummy's girl and needs the reassurance that I'm there all the time!

Phew, that was lucky! My computer suddenly decided to switch off but this entry was saved in draft so I was able to retrieve it!

Last Tuesday I went over Andy's, he'd already bought me a telescope for my birthday and Christmas present but decided to buy me something else. He wouldn't tell me what it was but said I'd love it. Off I went to collect it on Tuesday afternoon and there it sat in all it's glory.... A soft serve ice cream maker!! Lil ol' me, an ice creamoholic with my own ice cream factory right here in my kitchen!! I haven't tried it out yet but I've just made the vanilla custard mixture and put it in the fridge overnight to get cold. Tomorrow I can add the cream and put it all in the ice cream machine and have my own home made ice cream cones!


I've just looked out of the window, it's snowing hard now and it's forecast to snow all night. It started off as rain so it's going to be really slippery out there in the morning. It's lucky that Kayleigh and Shaun went home when they did, Kayleigh has the same opinion of snow as me! Can't we just fast forward to summer, I've had enough of this winter, if this is global warming they can keep it!
I'll end here as I have to iron my blouses for work, I always leave it till the last minute thinking that the ironing fairies may stop by and do it, no luck so far! So from me it's a very good night to you all and stay warm!


6 comments:

  1. Good for you telling them that you would not work on the night shift. You don't need to be out walking after dark in that snow.
    Glad that you got to visit with your G-daughter and her dad.
    That was a nice present from Andy. My daughter got me one several years ago. I used it a couple of times and the cream was good but not good for a diabetic so it is now packed back.
    I hope the snow doesn't get to bad so you can't go into work. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got your work schedule back to normal, working all different times messes up the body... glad you had a great bday and Christmas!
    Enjoy your ice cream!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been so lucky this winter. So far only a small dusting of the nasty white stuff that lasted just a few hours. The last couple days the temps have been running in the middle 40's. Tonite at 10:30 it's actually 45*...almost tropical. I think it's colder than that in Florida right now. So if I come over will you make ice cream for me? Linda in WA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year 2010 to you and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Jeannette

    Thanks for your recent comments, other people are saying no Comments box there, but then I look and it's there.

    Was going to ask if your Granddaughter made it, but see that she did!
    Not seen a 'Soft' Ice cream maker, but bet it's yummy, love Ice cream too...
    Love to see the Snow, but had enough now!!

    Aileen...X

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I just love that picture at the top Jeannette.I never seem to see your postings on my dashboard so I checked my listed blogs tonight to find this one.How about going to work on that hey!! it would be great wouldn't it Whoo-Hoo.The weather is appaulingisn't it? Still we have it to put up with we carn't change it can we now? I hope you feel much better after the change in shifts at work.What a great gift Jeanette,I'll have a giant cone please,when it's ready.Send it via royal mail it's that cold up and down England it won't melt Haaaaaaa.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

    ReplyDelete


Katinka

Katinka

Nina

Nina

Katinka

Katinka

Nina

Nina

Katinka

Katinka

Nina

Nina

Followers