Starting Over

Starting Over
The Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Pile Committee  Gif - The Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Pile Committee
see more Gifs

About Me

My photo
East Sussex, United Kingdom
I'm a 62yr old AOL refugee, living on the south coast of England. I love travelling and sharing my photos. I live with Nina and Katinka, my two Maine Coon cats.
The WeatherPixie

Saturday, 24 January 2009

Quick post

Friday night:
Just a quick entry tonight. I phoned Andy last night (Thursday) at 9pm and he said he was in bed as he wasn't feeling too well. I was worried so called him back this morning but got no reply. I thought maybe he felt better and had gone shopping; I didn't want to think the worse. I went to work and Karon, my boss, came in and asked how he was then realised I didn't know what she was talking about. He'd called an ambulance in the early hours of the morning and got himself admitted into hospital. From A&E he'd gone to CDU. CDU stands for the Clinical Decisions Unit but we always call it the Can't Decide Unit, everybody goes there until they decide what to do with them. Karon said I could go upstairs to A&E and see him before I started work. Anyway, he was on a drip and his glands were swollen right out under his ears, it looked like he had an apple in each cheek. He said he ached all over but his head felt better than when he came in. Eventually I thought I'd better go do some work so I left him and said I'd be back later. A couple of hours later he phoned me to say the doctor said he could go home as he wasn't in pain any more. He wanted money for a taxi. I went to the ATM and got some money out and took it up to him. I called a taxi and before he left he said he'd told the doctor he wasn't in pain but he was really. I think that's really stupid, I know being in hospital isn't nice but it's dangerous to come out before he's ready. I'm just praying he'll be OK. As he gets older he seems to be getting more of these mini crisis before a big one. I hope he's going to be OK, we go on holiday in nine weeks and I want him well for it. It was so weird because I never take my purse to work so wouldn't have normally had money for a taxi for him but today for some reason I picked my purse up before I left home. Maybe I'm psychic! Our holiday to Scotland had to be cancelled when he was in crisis a year ago, I just hope we don't have to repeat that again. I'm off here now, I need to get to bed so I can get up early to go over and see Andy, I've told him to call me if he has to be re-admitted ~ fingers crossed he doesn't.
Saturday night:
I called Andy this morning to make sure he was OK. He said he still ached much more than usual and the pain in his head was back. I told him to keep drinking and asked if he needed anything. He wanted a sack of potatoes so I picked them up on the way over there. He's been in bed since he got home yesterday, I've got a really bad feeling about this, I'm just praying he'll be OK by the time our holiday comes round. I'm worried about the head pains, sickle cell patients have a much higher chance of having a stroke.
I always feel like I'm in limbo when he's like this, just waiting to see what's going to happen. He's been lucky so far but I know that at 53yrs old he's past the age that sickle cell sufferers normally live. I just want him around longer, we've been together nearly twenty four years now, I don't know what I'd do without him.
Anyway, I've got to get on with some laundry and other mundane chores I had to put off earlier.
Sorry I haven't been around much but this is taking up all my time right now. I'll be back when Andy is well again ~ I hope it won't be too long this time.



15 comments:

  1. Oh Jeannette I am so sorry you have this worry.Men are stubborn I find and moreso when it comes to illness docs and hospitals.Try to keep your chin up and have possitive thoughts.Prayers all goes well with Andy and he improves with every hour.I do hope the headaches soon subside for him poor lad.It must be a strain on you and having to work too,and not be with him.God works in mysterious ways thus the purse.Who wouldn't be worried.I have been with my partner 34 yrs and we have never married so I know how I would feel.Look after yourself.Don't qworry about being around on blogger just keep us updated when you find the time.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying a prayer for Andy right now. He should never have left the hospital. Hugs, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear Andy is in crisis. My thoughts & Prayers are with you both. Now, please don't go on thinking about what you would do without him - you'll only make yourself crazy with worry. I think that way about Doug though so I know where you are coming from. I hope he passes through this crisis soon and your holiday can go as planned.
    hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always special thoughts for Andy and Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i will pray for him..maybe he needs to go back to the hospital.....i know you will be under great stress with worry! XO love to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just when you thought he was having a good spell,Oh Iam so sorry you have this worry ,it is a shame really he moved away isnt it ? it must have been easier when you were nearby ,Praying he will be over this soon ..love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry Andy is under the weather again, what a terrible illness. I will keep you both in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hera Andy is ill hopefully he will be better soon you just said in your last entry that he was keeping a bit better. Wiull be thinking of you. Love Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Jeannette I've been so far out of the loop I didn't know about this blog or Andy. I am so glad you dropped me a line to let me know. I'm trying to get into the swing of things again. Know I'm sending hugs, love, and prayers to you and Andy
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Jeanette if it isn't one thing it is another. I will be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us in touch as soon as you have news.
    LOve Sybil xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. this actually scares me it makes me wonder will this be me when i get older will i suffer like that and will doctors treat me worse then they already do. I hope andy is okay he just doesnt sound to good and they blame it all on sickle cell when sickle cell causes other problems why didnt they fully check him out?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm praying for Andy and yourself. I'm SO sorry to hear that he was hospitalized. My heart goes out to you both and will continue to pray daily that he gets well and that your trip will go as planned.
    xoxo, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jeannette, I don't know how I missed this entry. Anyway, I hope Andy is feeling better each day. I'm glad he at least called in the middle of the night & got himself to the hospital. Sending good thought s & prayers to Andy & you. Linda in Washington

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Jeannette,
    I wanted to stop by and tell you thank you for taking time out of what is surely a busy time to send me Birthday Wishes. I thank you so much.
    Please take care and hope things are getting better on your end,
    Ro

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jeannette,
    I hope that Andy is feeling better now.
    Just wanted to stop by to say hello.

    Blessings,

    ALBERTA Lori

    ReplyDelete


Katinka

Katinka

Nina

Nina

Katinka

Katinka

Nina

Nina

Katinka

Katinka

Nina

Nina

Followers